8.28.2008

My camera.

I've been getting a lot of questions from people about what camera I use. So here it is.

I shoot with a Canon 40D. Eventually I'll probably get a 5D, but the 40D soots me fine for now.
Lenses: 70-200mm 2.8 L series IS lens. I use this lens a TON. It's pretty heavy, but worth it. I always use this at sports events and with young kids (because they run fast and far). I also use it for all my candid shots at weddings.
I also have a 28-105mm 4.0 L series IS lens. This is my least used lens, but necessary. I use this for larger groups and all the formal group shots at weddings.
And I have a 50mm 1.4 lens. This took some getting used to (I'm a BIG fan of zoom lenses) but now I love this lens. Although I'll admit I RARELY shoot wider than a 1.8. I don't like the 1.4 look as much.
To be honest, I have no idea what flash I have. Not a great one. I hardly ever use it (and only if I absolutely have to). I'd rather open up my aperture.

And that's it.

So why a Canon? Because forever ago, my parents bought me a Canon film camera for Christmas. So when I switched to digital, I already had Canon lenses. I've never used a Nikon so I can't compare the two, but I LOVE my Canon. I'm not a do a ton of research kind of girl. If I like it, I stick with it.

For editing (I edit as little as possible. . .because I don't love that end of things) I use Bridge and Photoshop CS3, but am considering switching to Lightroom. I'm not sold yet.

There you have it.

No comments: