5.13.2009

REAL Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy

BOOM. SAUCE. This was awesome! I got to shoot at the REAL Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy game last week. A huge thanks to Ray and Neal at Pixels who got me into the game AND let me shoot with a Canon 400mm 2.8 lens. Those lenses are nothing short of sweet. But they weigh as much as a small child and there is a serious learning curve. It's not easy to shoot with a fixed focus lens at a sporting event. Not easy, but oh so much fun! For a second I wanted to buy one, but then decided I'd rather buy a boat. They cost about the same.
Here's some of my favorites from the game.



























This guy didn't get the memo that soccer isn't a tackle sport.


















The crazy fan section. They brought their own smoke machine. Either that or they lit someone on fire (which wouldn't surprise me). Now those are true fans.


Synchronized soccer. It's out of focus, but it's funny.













2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

camihubrich said...

Thuey, those are so cool. How fun that you were able to go down onto the field. Can you say j-e-a-l-o-u-s.