10.06.2008

Richards

So here's my "take" on family pictures. Everyone knows they're a huge pain in the butt. you spend forever trying to find just the right outfits, the kids are inevitably grumpy that day, nothing goes the way you planned, and by the end you're absolutely spent.
But that's not the way I roll. Let's go hang out somewhere and I'll bring my camera. The kids are in charge. That's just how it is. You've already bribed them with something really good (all parents do this), but even that won't make them behave the way you seem to want them to. Let the kids be themselves. If they want to run, let's run. If they want to wrestle, let's wrestle.
The phrase you'll hear the most is "Go over there and just hang out." I'm all about casual and candid. No perfect poses or "princess hands" (who does that anyway?). It's not about that one perfect shot. It's about a collection of pictures that are a real representation of what your family is all about. I won't make you do anything you don't want to do (I've had enough photographers do that to me and I wanted to punch them in the face by the time the misery was over with--and I'm not normally a violent person)
Crazy faces are encouraged. Laughing is a must. And let's just go have fun! Like I did with this family. :) Bode (the second boy) wanted nothing to do with the camera, and it was Peiton's (the little girls) bed time. Whatever. We'll still get stuff! And I still had fun.
Hope you like them.
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Feed back is ALWAYS appreciated so take 10 seconds and give me some all you blog stalkers! :)

4 comments:

NatRat said...

Love them! Love them! Love them! You did awesome! I am really suprised at all the good shots you got....I didn't think there were that many. Thanks so much Lindsay!

Hollie said...

So so cute Lindsay. I'm teary eyed at how you caught my sister and her family. I love them.

kristin said...

lindz- that is why your so good at this- they always look awesome!good job, and nat-your fam is so cute!

My Name is Mike said...

Your explanation is great...and a great selling point I think for potential clients. Well done.