3.12.2008

A shout out!

I just wanted to thank some of the photographers who have helped me get this far. Breaking into a new industry is always humbling and can often be very difficult. Especially in the photography world because no one wants to reveal their hard earned "secrets"! But I found a few awesome photographers who have been so helpful and willing to answer all my stupid questions.
First, to Jill at Jillyn Photography. She was the first photographer I approaced about helping me and she immediately agreed. She's the real deal, like she actually went to school and studied this stuff. Her images are amazing. She knows so much about the camera and how to get images looking awesome straight out of the camera. Check out her site!
Second, to Mike at the digital orange photography who has answered tons of questions via e-mail, helped me a lot on photoshop, and is going to let me second-shoot with him at my first wedding (I'm SO excited!). I check his blog all the time and am always saying (out loud) "that picture is amazing". He is also a master on photoshop and makes his pictures look so so so cool! Plus he likes the action and sports stuff which makes me like his work even more.
And third, Jessica at Jessica Bell Photography. I can't even count how many photographers I e-mailed and approached with questions who were unwilling to help and then I found Jessica. I might say she is one of the nicest people I have ever associated with. She answered any question I asked, and more. She gave me tons of helpful hints and suggestions and never seemed bugged about it. She's just a good, good person.
Thanks to all three of you. You have no idea how much I appreciate all your help!! I'm a firm believer that what goes around, comes around. All 3 of you are entitled to a lot of good karma! Best of luck to you in your businesses and in life.

3 comments:

Jess said...

AWWW! *blush* You are too sweet! I know what you mean though, it is frustrating when it seems that some people just want to slam the door in your face when you have questions. I have no "secrets", if I know something cool, I am ALL ABOUT sharing it! LOL! You are super talented and I know you will do well. Your blog looks great! And I am in LOVE with your header! Adorable! :)

My Name is Mike said...

You are well on your way to more business than you're going to want :) The page looks great. Update it often to generate more traffic and "buzz." I'll look forward to future posts and exchanging ideas/feedback, not to mention Z-Lo's wedding.

Jillyn said...

LIndsay Yeah I am so excited to see your blog!!! It looks so good and I am so excited for you! Your images look awesome! I like you water mark it is so simple and so clean, just like your images! Looks great!
And thanks for the shout out you are too sweet! I am ALWAYS happy to talk to other photographers, it is always a good time!