2.11.2009

Up and Down days

Everyone has their up and down days. It's part of life.
But I have found the up and down days to be specifically extreme in business.
And unfortunately, when you're first starting at ANY craft, the down days seem to prevail more often than the up days.

So I try to stick by two things:
1. Don't compare. Just do your thing.

2. Just keep swimming.

And so I will. Just keep swimming.

A big thanks to all those who have supported and encouraged me along the way. Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today. And there's better things to come. I'm determined.

3 comments:

Photo By Emilie said...

Lindsay, I loved this post!! How brave of you to post about the down days. I have them all the time but I'm so scared to say anything. Boy, that "don't compare" is SOO hard. I really need to take that advice. I LOVE your work & keep keep'n on!!! You really are an amazing photographer!!

Day by Day Design said...

I feel ya on that!
But you really shouldnt feel that way, you really do a great job! I love looking at your blog and seeing all your pics!! And I am so excited to have a shoot with you!!! I am sure we are going to absolutely love them!!

Paul said...

You don't know me from Adam, but I just happened to stumble upon this post after seeing this Zack Arias video that speaks directly to the anxiety you expressed. All photographers feel it, and if you haven't watched the video yet you'll probably get something out of it.

(And for the record, if I were to compare myself to you I would be depressed. You're good!)