2.17.2010

Carter's newborn photos.

"My mom named him Carter, but I call him juice box. Juice Box Ross." Mya Ross, age 3

Now that he's almost 2 months old, I suppose I should post his newborn photos. It's a lot harder to be the photographer when you're also the recovering mom. So we split the shoot up to a few different days. And he really didn't want to be on his stomach. But I made him anyway.

I was slightly delusional before I had him--thinking I'd have time....time to do anything. In reality, I've had time to do nothing. Well, besides hold him. Which is actually something. I love holding him. And wish I could do it all day. And so does he.

So far we're surviving 3 kids. Still not thriving, but at least surviving. He's fussy. His tummy hurts. And he pukes. all the time. So we both smell like rotten milk which is awesome. They say he'll outgrow it. We're hoping that comes soon. But we love him anyway. And love having him as part of our family. Now we just have to teach Jaida how to change diapers and we'll be set.

I know most people do newborn photos with the baby naked. Frankly, I don't like getting crapped (or peed) on. And I'm partial to onesies. So we kept the clothes on.
















































5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so stinking darling. thought the puking smelling is awesome, was funny.

madeleine said...

oh my goodness your kids are getting so old! carter is really super super super cute. oh and guess what? I know label myself as an aspiring photographer! I got myself a canon slr and love it :)

HRoss said...

So so cute!

Shannon said...

He is so cute. They are so much work, though. I miss you. I hope you are doing okay. Let me know if you need anything that doesn't take any work on my part.

Rebekah said...

Ahhh, look at that sweet boy! Doesn't it make you a little sad to see the newborn photos?? It reminds you of that sweetness that is gone in a blink of an eye.