2.27.2010

Family.


I don't know how people survive without family. I'm pretty attached to mine. And though we're far from perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe a thing. Or two. But I love them.
This is my family. Every last one of us (except for Carter who was in my stomach at the time). Seems like a simple thing. But it's pretty rare. Though we all live in Utah, it's not easy getting this group in one picture.
This was taken at my sisters cabin. And I took it, or my brother took it (we took several) and then a little photoshop magic put us all together. I wish I could blog the heckling taking place, but blogger would probably flag me. And my mother would cry all over again. :)
But here we are. Together. In one place. Priceless.
It's not a perfect picture and was never intended to be (unless you think suburbans in pictures is cool). But for various reasons, we need this picture. Of all of us. Together. Alive.
I don't need to air any dirty laundry--let's just say the show Intervention on A&E has a special place in all our hearts.
My point is, family pictures are important. Whether they're taken professionally or not. Because one day, someone might not be there anymore. And all you'll have left is memories and pictures.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So how many brothers and sisters do you have?

Shannon said...

You'll love the Mac. For one thing, you'll have a clean desk top.

kristin said...

that is an awesome picture, and you really photoshopped well, because everyone looked there!! awesome!!