2.26.2010

Photoshop Friday. Getting some action.

Another installment of Photoshop Friday. And a clarification. You can ask questions about Photoshop Elements as well. Not just the professional version of Photoshop. You can do a lot of stuff in Elements that you can do in CS, just in a different way.

Today I'm talking about actions. There are a million actions out there. And frankly, I think most of them are a waste of money. I use VERY few actions. And all the actions I use are from Totally Rad Actions. If you buy any actions, these are the ones to buy. I have both sets. And love them.
Actions I use the most: Oh Snap. Gives pictures that crisp, vibrant look. I rarely use this at 100%. It's different on every picture.
I also use Yin/Yang for lightening or darkening different areas of a picture.
Those are my two most used actions. And most of the time the only actions I use on any picture.
I also like Kevin Kubota's Magic Sharp. You can just buy Magic Sharp by itself, you don't have to buy it in a set. Just call them and ask. I've also heard Kubota's Daily Multi-Vitamin is a good one, but I don't have it. I really try to limit the amount of actions I buy or use.


Next week I'll give a few tips on books/websites to check out to learn photoshop faster and easier (Elements and CS).

Any questions, send them my way!

No comments: