3.17.2009

Fashion at my house.

You know the little girls who always have their hair done and are always in the most perfectly cute outfit? Yea. Those aren't my little girls. When it comes to clothes at our house, the rule is that I get veto power on outfits chosen for school, church, and "outings" (the store, mall, birthday parties, etc.). If we're at home, in the neighborhood, or going to a member of the immediate family's house, they can pretty much wear whatever. I take that back. They can't wear their princess dress-ups out of the house. It's just easier that way because then there's no arguing. Oh, and they can't wear them to bed either.
Anyway. Back to the point. When we're at home, clothing isn't really an issue. In fact, my 2 year old prefers to be in the nude (with a diaper on--so I guess technically it's not the nude) which doesn't really bother me. We're all about comfort and personal choice.
So when I was testing my exposure for a photo shoot I was preparing for, I managed to catch Jaida in a mildly cooperative mood (meaning she went in the general direction I asked her to and stayed there for 30 seconds). And this is the outfit she happend to have on.
The "wrestling suit" as I affectionately call it--a hand-me-down dance costume from one of her cousins (whom I have now requested to check with me first before giving Jaida things in the future). A knit tube-top looking thing (no idea where that came from or what exactly it is). And a ballet tutu.
When I commented on her outfit (which I payed no attention to until she was in front of the camera) she replied "Mom, I look slammin'" And so she does.

1 comment:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Hahah! Fashion works like that at our house, too!